Cracked Tooth: Diagnosis and Treatment

In order to diagnose cracked tooth syndrome, your dentist will first perform a thorough examination of your mouth and teeth, focusing on the area that's painful.

They will usually take an x-ray of the painful area, which may or may not reveal the fracture, and they will analyze your bite to isolate the problem. Once the fractured part of your tooth is identified, your dentist will recommend the treatment depending on the location and direction of the fracture, as well as the extent of the damage.

Cracked Tooth: Diagnosis and Treatment

  • Your teeth have three layers, and if the crack only affects the outer enamel layer, then your dentist can remove the offending crack and stabilize it with a crown or onlay. This will also protect it from breaking further and will seal out bacteria and infection.
  • If the crack involves the underlying dentin layer, then the treatment could be more involved. Your dentist may recommend building up the tooth prior to placing a crown.
  • If the crack affects the pulp layer (the center-most part of the tooth), then you will need more complicated treatment, such as a root canal, before a crown can be placed.
  • In rare cases, a crack will extend throughout the entire tooth and under the bone. In these cases, there is no way to restore your tooth and your dentist will most likely recommend having it extracted.
Fortunately, most cracked teeth can be saved. The key is to find the crack early in its development and treat it appropriately. If you think you have a cracked tooth, see your dentist as soon as possible to have it evaluated.

Article inspired by Very Well
Cracked Tooth: Diagnosis and Treatment Cracked Tooth: Diagnosis and Treatment Reviewed by Plugin Nepal on 5:19 AM Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffrin from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.